Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What I've learned on the road....

With only 12 days left in the tour, I have to admit. I'm bummin' a little bit. I've met such great people, such great bands, had way more fun than I ever thought was possible (even taking into consideration the constant lack of shower/clean laundry/sleep). But I've learned a lot, grown a lot, done a lot. Here's just a few things I've learned since being on tour:

  • If you're giving out candy, you're automatically loved by all
  • Sleep isn't as necessary when you're having fun
  • I can NOT skateboard/scooter --- both FTSK and Mercy Mercedes dedicated time to trying to help me learn, poor guys!
  • Flexibility is key. The schedule, the to-dos, the EVERYTHING is always changing on the road so rolling with it and accepting it is the only way to go
  • The best guys in the world happen to be on the Bamboozle Roadshow tour!
Whew! That's just the start. Being on the road = awesome/incredible/life changing. But here's what you've really been waiting for....a few DID YOU KNOWS:
  • Alex DeLeon from The CAB's favorite candy is Tinglerz
  • Ian from The CAB is the only non-Las Vegas resident (he lives in Seattle near me!) AND his favorite candy is strawberry Laffy Taffy
  • Travis from WTK is celebrating his birthday at the Cleveland show on April 24
  • Alex Johnson from The CAB and B-Real from Mercy Mercedes are chocolate LOVERS (they keep asking for unlimited supplies of WONKA Bars!)
Thank you, Chicago, for such an amazing night. We're heading off to Pontiac, MI RIGHT now. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment