Friday, July 24, 2009

Giving the gift of candy...

I have to admit, the best part about being on tour isn't what you'd expect. It's not hanging out with the bands (while that is exceptionally cool), or listening to the music (which again is AWESOME). For me, it's honestly all about tracking down future Gold Card holders.

It's an incredibly amazing thing to have the power to seek out people who love WONKA and that I can share my love of the brand with. People are always a little confused by the WONKA Gold Card and I think that's what's so incredible about it. Six months of WONKA candy? Just for being awesome? Yes, that's right. That, to me, is worth GOLD.

Take Ross from Chesapeake, VA. I rove the grounds of Warped Tour with a WONKA satchel and he stopped me to comment that he liked the bag. It, of course, piqued my interested and I asked him to share his favorite kinds with me. He was so excited to talk about candy! He told me about 8 WONKA candies that he loves! Like WHOA.

And that's what it's all about..being able to take front see three times a day and watch that uncertainty at first...then confusion...then shock...then acceptance and excitement. It's absolutely golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment