Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rock this way!...with Matt Love it's all love.

...So I think I've been through it all (okay maybe not ALL of it, but a lot)...been through many sides of living life on the road. I've lived on a bus, I've toured in a van, and now I'm takin' it to a sweet rental car to the first 5 stops of the Rockin' Rodeo tour. It's been an amazing trip, a great experience, something that I'll look back on for the rest of my life.

But now what you've wanted, an interview with Matt from Mercy Mercedes that I had last night while we were sitting in the hospital waiting room (he had a stomach ulcer, poor guy! he's doing okay right now..).


Me: What's been the best part about touring for you?
Matt: By far the fans. If it wasn't for their encouragement we wouldn't be able to do what we're doing.

Me: What about Bamboozle? That was a big tour for you guys, right?
Matt: Yes, it was a huge national tour for us and it was great to play with such great guys. Met so many people, learned so much. I can't even explain how great that tour was, we had so much fun!

Me: What's the hardest thing about being on the road?
Matt: Missing my dogs(he has two really cute dogs)! I miss them soo much! And of course my girlfriend. She's taking care of the dogs though.

Me: What's next for you guys?
Matt: We're touring with FTSK right now on Rockin' Rodeo, you know that Jess, you're on the tour too (haha, yes I am). We're hanging out for the first five shows and then we're heading home for a bit. A lot is coming up though, we're working on our full length record and then Warped Tour this summer (they have 15 dates on the East coast) and then we have a BIG tour coming up in the fall...but you'll have to check in with our MySpace page to find out about it.


Me: So...ulcer...eh?
Matt: Yeah, you drink a lot of caffeine on the road. Have to stay awake and with the long drives and late nights...it's bound to happen I guess. I'll be alright though.

Me: You guys are really welcoming to fans and stick around after shows, right?
Matt: Of course, they're the ones that got us this far! I don't think I'll ever say no to signing something for a fan. It just makes me happy!



Such a great guy. Be sure to check him out on Twitter or his MySpace. He's definitely someone you want to be friends with!

No comments:

Post a Comment